ECE Department Goals
The goals of the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department are:
- To offer an innovative, design-oriented, internationally recognized undergraduate program with concentrations in computer engineering, systems and controls, communication, signal processing, and electronic materials and devices.
- To attain domestic and international prominence for quality graduate programs in emerging research areas.
- To serve our multicultural society and the nation through excellence in education, research, and technological innovation.
- Probability and Statistics
- Knowledge Of Mathematics Through Differential And Integral Calculus
- Basic Sciences
- Computer Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Differential Equations
- Linear Algebra
- Complex Variables
- Discrete Mathematics
Program Educational Objectives
Electrical Engineering Program Educational Objectives
- contribute their technical knowledge to better their lives
- assume positions of leadership and responsibility in their careers
- pursue graduate and professional studies
- conduct themselves in a professional manner that meets or exceeds the expectations of their employers
Computer Engineering Program Educational Objectives
- engage in life-long learning, remaining current and becoming leaders in their profession.
- advance and expand in their computer engineering related careers by applying their engineering knowledge and skills.
- contribute productively to the workforce in state, regional, national and international industries and government organizations.
- communicate effectively, provide enabling solutions to societal challenges, and respond to technical, business, social, ethical, and human needs of the society through their professional endeavors.