Areas of Teaching Interest
Network Theory, Signals and Systems I, Signals and Systems II, Digital Signal Processing, Advanced Digital Signal Processing, Digital Image Processing, Biomedical Image Processing, Advanced Digital Image Processing
Areas of Research Interest
Signal and Image processing/Fourier analysis, Applied mathematics
Ph.D. Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (Moscow, FSU).
- (2 patents, 1 invention, 3 books, 3 book chapters, and over 110 publications including 48 papers in referred journals).
- A.M. Grigoryan, "Two classes of elliptic discrete Fourier transforms: Properties and examples," Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision (0235), vol. 39, pp. 210-229, January 2011.
- A.M. Grigoryan, "Multi-Dimensional Discrete Unitary Transforms," invited book-chapter (103 pages) in the 3rd edition on The Transforms and Applications Handbook in the series Electrical Engineering and Signal Processing (Editor in Chief, Prof. Alexander Poularikas), Taylor and Francis-CRC Press, January 11, 2010.
- A.M. Grigoryan "16-point reversible integer discrete Fourier transform with 12 control bits," IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 912-916, February 2010.
- A.M. Grigoryan and M.M. Grigoryan, "Image Processing: Tensor Transform and Discrete Tomography with MATLAB," text-book (460 pages), CRC Press Taylor and Francis Group (in press, 2012).
- A.M. Grigoryan and M.M. Grigoryan, "Brief Notes in Advanced DSP: Fourier Analysis with MATLAB," text-book (354 pages), CRC Press Taylor and Francis Group, February 19, 2009.
- A.M. Grigoryan and S.S. Agaian, Multidimensional Discrete Unitary Transforms: Representation, Partitioning, and Algorithms, Marcel Dekker, Inc., August 2003.
- A.M. Grigoryan and Nan Du, "Principle of superposition by direction images," IEEE Trans. on Image Processing, vol. 20, no. 9, pp. 2531-2541, September 2011.
- A.M. Grigoryan and Nan Du, "2-D images in frequency-time representation: Direction images and resolution map," Journal of Electronic Imaging, vol. 19, no. 3 (033012), July-September 2010.
- Grigoryan Artyom M: "A FAST PAIRED METHOD OF A 1-D CYCLIC CONVOLUTION REALIZATION" (U.S. Patent No. 7,346,498 on March 18, 2008).
- A.M. Grigoryan, "Novel reversible integer Fourier transform with control bits," IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, Nov. 2007, vol. 55, no. 11, pp. 5267-5276.
- F.T. Arslan and A.M. Grigoryan, "Fast splitting alpha-rooting method of image enhancement: Tensor representation," IEEE Trans. on Image Processing, Nov. 2006, vol. 15, no. 11, pp. 3375-3384.
- A.M. Grigoryan, "Representation of the Fourier transform by Fourier series," Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 87-105, July 2006.
- A.M. Grigoryan, "Fourier transform representation by frequency-time wavelets," IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, July 2005, vol. 53, no. 7, pp. 2489-2497.
- A.M. Grigoryan, "An algorithm for calculation of the discrete cosine transform by paired transform," IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, January 2005, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 265-273.
- A.M. Grigoryan and S.S. Agaian, "Transform-Based Image Enhancement Algorithms With Performance Measure," Advances in Imaging and Electron Physics, Academic Press, vol. 130, pp. 165-242, May 2004.
- A.M. Grigoryan, "Method of paired transforms for reconstruction of images from projections: Discrete model," IEEE Trans. on Image Processing, vol. 12, no. 9, pp. 985-994, Sept. 2003.
- A.M. Grigoryan, "2-D hexagonal DFT splitting," IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, vol. 50, no. 6, pp. 1438-1448, June 2002.
- Budendorf Lukas; Kononen Juha; Dougherty Edward R; Grigoryan Artyom M; Kallioniemi Olli P: SIGNAL COUNTING FOR IN SITU HYBRIDIZATION" (Patent Number WO0120044, Publication date: 2001-03-22).
- A.M. Grigoryan and E.R. Dougherty, "Optimization of linear filters under power-spectral-density stabilization," IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, vol. 49, no. 10, pp. 2292-2300, Oct. 2001.
- A.M. Grigoryan, E.R. Dougherty, J. Kononen, L. Bubendorf, G. Hostetter, and O.P. Kallioniemi, "Morphological spot counting from stacked images for automated analysis of gene copy numbers by Fluorescence In Situ Hybridization," Biomedical Optics, January 2002, vol. 7, no. 1, Jan. 2002, pp. 109-122.
- A.M. Grigoryan, G. Hostetter, O.P. Kallioniemi, and E.R. Dougherty, "Simulation toolbox for 3D-FISH spot counting algorithms," Real Time Imaging, June 2002, vol. 8, no 3, pp. 203-212.
- G.H. Hostetter, C.L. Andersen, L. Bubendorf, J. Kononen, E.R. Dougherty, A.M. Grigoryan, O. Kallioniemi, "Design of an automated spot counting program for interphase FISH on the tissue microarray," American Journal of Human Genetics, vol. 67(4), 318, Oct. 2000.
- C.L. Andersen, G.H. Hostetter, A.M. Grigoryan, G. Sauter, and A. Kallioniemi, "Improved procedure for fluorescence in situ hybridization on tissue microarrays," Cytometry 2001, 45 (2), pp. 83-86.