Areas of Teaching Interest
Fiber Optic Communications, Coding and Error Correction
Areas of Research Interest
Fiber optic communications and communications
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK., 1984.
- M. Niknamfar, R. Barnes and M. Shadaram, "Comparative study of the performance of CATV channels over DWDM network using direct and external modulator," 14th International Conference on Transparent Optical Networks (ICTON), Coventry, UK, July 2-5, 2012
- C. Lacatus, D. Akopian, and M. Shadaram, "Reduced complexity crosscorrelation interference mitigation in GPS-enabled collaborative ad-hoc wireless networks," Journal of Computer and Electrical Engineering, Vol. 38, May 2012, pp. 603-615.
- M. Shadaram, M. Niknamfar, R.Barnes, J. Medrano, A. Musa "Limitations of all optical circuit-switched high data rate networks," 13th International Conference on Transparent Optical Networks ICTON 2011, Stockholm, Sweden, June 26-30, 2011.
- A. Moghadas, R. Barnes, M. Shadaram,"Fiber Bragg grating sensor for fault detection in high voltage transformers," IEEE EnergyTech 2011, Cleveland, OH, May 25-26, 2011.
- A. Moghadas and M. Shadaram, "Fiber Bragg grating sensor for fault detection in radial and network transmission lines," Sensors, Vol. 10, Issue 10, October, 2010, pp. 9407-9423.
- C. Lacatus, D. Akopian, P. Yaddanapudi, and M. Shadaram, "Flexible spectrum and power allocation for OFDM unlicensed wireless systems," IEEE Systems Journal, Vol. 3, No. 2, June 2009, pp. 254-264.
- C. Lacatus, D. Akopian and M. Shadaram, "Reduced complexity algorithm for spreading sequence design," IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II, Vol. 55, Issue 12, December 2008, pp. 1309-1313.
- C. Lacatus, D.C. Popescu, M. Shadaram, "Distributed algorithm for optimal sequence and power allocation in uplink CDMA systems," accepted for publication in Journal of IEE Proceedings on Communications
- J. Medrano, V. Gonzalez, A. Musa, and M. Shadaram, "Architecture of a dual stage optical label switch using out-of-band wavelength and code optical properties," IEEE Journal of Selected Topics on Quantum Electronics, Vol. 13, Issue 5, Part 2, September-October 2007, pp. 1568-1578.
- M. Shadaram, A. Musa, V. Gonzalez, J. Medrano, "Routing algorithm using the flooding mechanism in a hybrid optical-CDMA and WDM all-optical network" Journal of Optical Fiber Technology, Vol. 13, April 2007, pp. 149-155
- P. Chennu and M. Shadaram, "Performance evaluation of analog fiber optic links" International Engineering Consortium, Annual Review of Communications, Volume 59, December 2006, pp. 651-665.
- M. Shadaram, P. Cotae, J. Summerfield, and J. Bratton "Effect of EDFA gain on WDM fiber optic standard frequency distribution link," IEEE MILCOM, Washington, DC, Paper US-W-Y-5, October 23 -26, 2006.
- P. Cotae, M. Aguirre, M. Shadaram, "Characterization of sum of overloaded S-CDMA," International Conference on Communications, Bucharest, Romania, June 8-10, 2006, pp. 215- 218.
Mehdi Shadaram has been either PI or Co-PI on numerous grants and contracts, totaling more than $15 million in the past 20 years. NASA, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, National Science Foundation, Office of Naval Research, Department of Defense, US Department of Education, Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, UT System, Texas Instruments and Lucent Technologies have funded his research projects. His main area of research activity is in the broadband analog and digital fiber optic communication systems and photonic devices. In addition, he has extensive experience in Engineering Education Research.