Areas of Teaching Interest
Digital Signal Processing, Signals and Systems, Wavelet Transforms, Computer Vision, Pattern Recognition, Medical Imaging, Multimedia Security, Digital Filters
Areas of Research Interest
Signal/Information Measurements and Processing; Biomedical and Health Informatics; 3-D Imaging Sensors, Devise and Systems; Information Security; Artificial Intelligent and Computer Vision; Data Mining and Modeling; Food Engineering; Computational Economics
Ph.D., Graduate studies at the Steklov Institute of Mathematics Academy of the Sciences of the USSR (Moscow)
- K. Panetta, C. Gao, S. Agaian, No Reference Color Image Contrast and Quality Measures, IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, volume 59, Number 3, Page(s): 643-651, 2013.
- S.Nercessian, K.. Panetta, S. Agaian, Non-linear Direct Multi-scale Image Enhancement Based on the Luminance and Contrast Masking Characteristics of the Human Visual System, IEEE Transactions- Image Processing, Vol.: 22, Page(s): 3549 – 3561, 2013.
- (Best paper award) Yue Wu, Sos Agaian and Joseph P. Noonan, A novel method of testing image randomness with applications to image shuffling and encryption, Proc. SPIE 8755, (2013); 25 April - 3 May 2013, SPIE Defense, Security Sensing, conference
- Y.Zhou K. Panetta, and S. Agaian, (n, k, p)-Gray Code for Imaging Systems,” Man, and Cybernetics, Part B: Cybernetics, IEEE Transactions on , 2013 , Volume: 43 , Issue: 2 Page(s): 515 – 529, 2013
- Khader Mohammad and Sos Agaian "Practical Recognition System for Text Printed on Clear Reflected Material," ISRN Machine Vision, http://www.isrn.com/, 12 pages, 2012
- K. Panetta, Y. Zhou, S. Agaian, H. Jia, ” Nonlinear Unsharp Masking for Mammogram Enhancement, “ IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine, Volume: 15, Page(s): 918 – 928,2011
- S.Agaian, at el., “Parameterized Logarithmic Framework for Image Enhancement Systems,” Man, and Cybernetics, Part B: Cybernetics, IEEE Transactions , Vol.: 41 , Issue: 2 , 2011 , Page(s): 460 - 473
- K.. Panetta, S. Agaian, S. C. Nercessian, and A. Almunstashri, ” Shape-dependent canny edge detector”, Opt. Eng. 50(8), 087008 (2011) , Page(s): 087008-1 , 087008-12
- S Agaian, at el., “Boolean Derivatives with Application to Edge Detection for Imaging Systems” IEEE transactions: Systems, Man and Cybernetics- 1-12, Vol. 40, Page(s): 371–382, 2010
- K. Panetta, E. Wharton, and S. Agaian, “Human visual System Based Image Enhancement and Measure of Image Enhancement,” Systems, Man and Cybernetics, IEEE transactions, vol. 38, no.1, pp.174-188, 2008.
- Agaian, S.S.; Silver, B.; Panetta, K.A.; Transform Coefficient Histogram-Based Image Enhancement Algorithms Using Contrast Entropy, Image Processing, IEEE Transactions Volume 16, Issue 3, March 2007 Page(s):741 – 758
- S. Agaian, H.Sarukhanyan, K.Egiazarian, and J.Astola, “Hadamard Transforms,” SPIE Press 520 pages, 2011
- US Patent 8,369 568, S. Agaian et al, “Methods and systems for digital image security,” Feb, 2013
- US Patent 8,285,070B2, S. Agaian et al, “Methods and apparatus for image restoration,” Oct. 9, 2012
- US Patent 8,285,076 B2, Karen Panetta and Sos Agaian, “METHODS AND APPARATUS FOR VISUAL SUB-BAND DECOMPOSITION OF SIGNALS”, Oct. 9, 2012
- US Patent 7,965,861, S. Agaian et al, “Methods and systems for digital image security,” June 21, 2011
- US Patent 7,046,856, E. Feria and S.Agaian, “Accelerated Predictive-Transform,” May 16, 2006